The "Big Top-Off" Ritual
Before I head to the mountains, my "pre-flight" ritual isn't about perfectly color-coded binders; it’s about the Big Top-Off. I'm basically spending my Wednesday playing "Refill Everything" so my sitter has the easiest job on the planet.
The Reservoir Run: I’m topping off the 10L Repti-Zoo mister to the brim. If I fill it now, my sitter doesn't even have to look at a gallon of distilled water while I’m gone.
The Soak Strategy: I go through and give all the plants a deep soak (bathtub-style, obviously) and ensure the water bowls are scrubbed and overflowing.
Substrate Check: I’m looking for any "dry spots" and giving the enclosures a manual heavy misting right before I walk out the door. It buys the automatic systems a head start.
My goal is to make the zoo so self-sufficient that my sitter’s main job is just to text me: "Fettuccine is still a noodle, everything is fine." |
Comments
Post a Comment